Baseball field named for former South Euclid councilman |
Title (Max 100 Characters)
South Euclid City Council named the baseball field at Quarry Park South in honor of the late Joe Coreno, a councilman from 1990-2003.
"Joe Coreno Field" also honors Coreno's service as coach, manager, director, trustee and president of the South Euclid Boys Baseball League. A resolution naming the field also noted that "Joe chaired and led the campaign to completely renovate Bexley, Quarry and Victory parks with state of the art pool facilities, lighted ball fields and many other amenities."
Coreno was a South Euclid resident for 42 years.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Suspects on the run after robbing Fifth Thirds in Cleveland Heights
- Red Lobster & LongHorn Steakhouse Provide Black Friday/Cyber Monday Savings!
- THE SANTALAND DIARIES returns to PlayhouseSquare Dec 5 - 22
- Thieves target historical church in Cleveland Heights
- Four indicted in Cleveland Heights Charter School fraud